Arts Consultants Canada /
Consultants canadiens en arts (ACCA)
is a professional association of consultants
who are committed to advancing excellence
in the field.
ACCA Members are all acknowledged arts consultants who adhere to the association’s Code of Professional Conduct and are accepted into the Association through a peer-juried process.
A consultant is an experienced individual who is trained to analyze, advise and/or facilitate in order to help clients make the best possible choices; a consultant provides counsel and assistance to a client on specific assignments.
The organization’s founding objectives serve both arts consultants and the sector.
To serve the professional development of arts consultants by:
- Providing networking opportunities with other arts consultants working in the field in Canada; and
- Providing a forum for discussion of issues of concern to the arts and professional consultants.
To serve artists, arts organizations, funders, public policy-makers and, by extension, arts audiences in Canada by:
- Identifying a body of skilled, experienced and knowledgeable colleagues;
- Recommending qualifications, ethics and practices for arts consultants;
- Offering opportunities for the exchange of knowledge and development of the field; and
- Promoting the use of experienced and qualified professionals in the field.
This post is also available in: French