ACCA Members are all acknowledged arts consultants who adhere to the association’s Code of Professional Conduct and are accepted into the Association through a peer-juried process.
A consultant is an experienced individual who is trained to analyze, advise and/or facilitate in order to help clients make the best possible choices; a consultant provides counsel and assistance to a client on specific assignments.
The organization’s founding objectives serve both arts consultants and the sector.
To serve the professional development of arts consultants by:
- Providing networking opportunities with other arts consultants working in the field in Canada; and
- Providing a forum for discussion of issues of concern to the arts and professional consultants.
To serve artists, arts organizations, funders, public policy-makers and, by extension, arts audiences in Canada by:
- Identifying a body of skilled, experienced and knowledgeable colleagues;
- Recommending qualifications, ethics and practices for arts consultants;
- Offering opportunities for the exchange of knowledge and development of the field; and
- Promoting the use of experienced and qualified professionals in the field.